So much has been happening with Refuge127 and we want to share a few updates, pictures, and a video with you.
Tour of Homes
Tour of Homes 2013 was a great success! We had so much fun and the homes were beautiful. Special thanks to our homeowners, caterors, bakers, door prize donors, and volunteers for making this year wonderful!
This trip was a very productive trip. Here are a few pics of the progress of Hope Refuge School and what we were able to accomplish.
1. When we were there in Dec/Jan, one of the buildings had walls but no roof. Since we have left, the roof has been complete! We’re ready to begin building another building!!
3. We were able to de-worm 550+ children.
3. We brought 12 suitcases of medical supplies to Dr. Sydney for his medical clinic and to help treat the children at the orphanage.
4. We were able to work with a wholesaler to purchase food for the children.
5. We had the first women’s service for the women of the village.
6. We were able to give new shoes and clothes to the children.
7. Nicholas is a little boy that we met at the orphanage. He was very sick. We prayed with him and he received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. Dr. Sydney said that if he didn’t receive medical attention, he wouldn’t live long. We took him back to the Bishop’s house and collected $900 from everyone on the group for his medical treatment. After tests, Dr. Sydney said he liver failure and Hep C. Nicholas has so much faith. He believed His God would heal him. Nicholas received His healing a day after we left Africa; it just wasn’t in the way we thought it would happen. He is now dancing around Heaven, healthy and happy, with His Jesus!
This trip was very productive for Refuge127. We made lots of new friends, and we are anticipating great things for 2014!!!
(Thank you very Much)